This is just another recipe for the continuation of a series on simple recipes using protein powder that will help support more protein in your diet, as well as combining carbohydrates and protein to support energy for your body.
I’ve tried a few over the past couple of weeks, and they didn’t work out great, but this one did!
Today’s recipe of choice is your traditional mashed potatoes. If you remember, my son is a vegetarian, so I am ALWAYS looking for creative ways to get protein in his diet through the foods I know that he will eat today.
This is so very simple, and he actually likes it better as it gives the potatoes a little more ‘taste’ to them.
- 1 lb. skinned potatoes (personal choice on type – we prefer red)
- ¼ cup reduced fat butter (again, personal choice – we usually use a yogurt based butter spread)
- ¼ cup 2% organic or regular milk
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (optional)
- Place the skinned potatoes in a large pot
- Cover with water and boil for 15 minutes or however long it takes to be able to easily pierce them with a fork
- Drain the water and then mash the potatoes
- Add all the ingredients and mix thoroughly
Optional – top with the shredded cheddar cheese – My son LOVES to add the cheese, and then mix it through the potatoes…
- Jocelyn -